Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hooty

CQM1H-CPU11 communication with PC

6 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble communicating with my PLC. I have an CQM1H-CPU11, I'm using a USB-CN226 cable. I installed the driver that came with the cable. If I try to go online, it pops up "Failed to connect to the PLC." My dip switches are currently in the the positions of 1 off, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off, 5 off, 6 off, 7 on, 8 off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dipswitch 5 is off which means serial settings according to user setup, if you don't know these I suggest to put dipswitch 5 to on and select Toolbus, 9k6, 7,e,2 in CX-Programmer. CQM1 Dipswitches.pdf

I changed the dipswitch 5 to on, and I had no change.... The pic of the "PLC Change with Network Settings [Tool Bus]" I'm not sure how to pull that up? The CX-Programmer Version I'm using is 9.0. I've checked the Device Manager on my PC for the driver and there doesn't seem to be any problems there... Is there any thing else I can try?

Well setting Dipswitch 5 on alone is not enough, you have to make sure the settings are as in the picture, and select the correct COM port. To pull up the settings see below picture.
1 person likes this

Thank you, It worked great! I did have to set it to Com 5, for anyone else that may view this!

Glad it worked, thanks for the feedback.