Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratcliffe_ic

Trying to back up some 90-30 programs

7 posts in this topic

I have 3 systems to back up the programs on. I have a windows xp sp 3 laptop with real serial port and I'm running LM90 not sure of the version but sure its 9. something. I've connected to all 3 machines and attempted to LOAD FROM PLC TO PROGRAMMER, all 3 come back with the following after 30 seconds or so: (S43) Communicaton failed or I've seen: Error during load; program folder incomplete. Must reload or restore logic I'm not sure if the programs are security protected to prevent an upload or some other issue if someone could shed some light on this? The next question is that each system has 3 PLC's. Do they all need connecting to and an upload done for each? Final question is there is a coprocessor in the main plc rack, does it's program get uploaded with the main plc (when I can get that to work!) or does it need a separate upload? Thanks in advance

A few things to look at: 1. Make sure that you are NOT getting a message that the SNP driver can't be loaded when you start LM-90. 2. Make sure that there ar NO services running that use the COM port assigned to the one you ask LM-90 to use. Such as some RS software. 3. Every CPU will have its own program that needs to be backed up, but if these other racks are expansion or remote racks they likely do not have a CPU in them. For the PCM, it likely will have its own program that needs to be backed up. But a few of these were used with custom chips or simply as extra SNP ports for an HMI or SCADA. SNP is the Series Ninety Protocol used to communicate to these.

Thanks for the reply, it seems my problem is related to this previous post: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=6827 I am using V9.02 though so not sure if these will dll files will help my situation. I am going to try an old win95 laptop running v9.02 and see what happens.

I'm not sure either... but did you apply the patch and try it?

I have applied the patch but not tried it, the windows 95 machine worked fine with v9.02 so the immediate panic is over for now as I have the programs backed up. I'll try the xp machine tomorrow as the windows 95 machine will probably pack in next! I'll feedback if it works or not. I'll be checking out costs for the latest software as well.

If you are going to purchase software I highly recommend getting the latest which is Proficy Machine Edition LD Developer. It will cost around $1000 US (LM90 costs more) and the latest version will work with Windows 7 Pro 32 or 64 bit and later Windows OSs. It supports the IC693CPU331 back to Version 4.50 (around the mid 1990's). These can be upgraded for around $150 each or for no charge if a CPU350 or better. Your LM90 programs can easily be 'Imported' into this new software, but not from the "Back up" it needs to be Imported from an LM90 working Folder in Windows or that has been 'copied' to an external drive. "ZIP" one of yours up and I will test it to verify for you. Or you can get a demo DVD from your GE-IP supplier and do It yourself. Only takes a few seconds. Edited by RussB

The dll files did not work on the XP machine, just to complete the thread