Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons75

Node Address

2 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of mapping every message on our plant in preparation for a PLC5/40E migration to 1756-L7's. The reporting tool has proved very useful for info on the channel config, MSG details, etc but unfortunately the same can't be said for CLX 5000 (we don't have the function to select MSG, for example)! We've found a mixture of setups for messages, they're either using the IP Address of the target or a Node address (Oct / Dec). The problem I have is 2 fold fold: 1. One messge goes to Node 22. The rung comment states the PLC it goes to which is a 1756-L63 machine. I can't find a reference to the Node address in the 1756-L63's code or configuration. 2. Several messages refer to another Node, #67. I haven't found this at all. How do I find out where or what has this node address refers to? All our machines are connected via ethernet. All our PLC5's also have DH+ connectivity. All our L6's are ethernet only. Any help would be appreciated.

OK I suspect and this is only a suspicion that you have an old Control Logix Gateway somewhere in your system. This will be a control logix rack with both an ethernet and a dhrio card in it. It is configured to translate the node #22 address the PLC 5/40 is addressing to a fixed IP address out of the ethernet card in the same rack. Were I in your shoes, I'd connect into the DH+ network and let RSlinx churn away mapping it. IF you ahve lost your DH+ direct access hdwe. Most people have. Then I'd see if my RA rep would lone me some or build a bridge with a CLGX chassis , an ethernet card and a dhrio card. Once you find NODe 22 and NODE 67 from the DH+ side in RSLINX the information given should help you physically locate either the gateway you have or L63 with DHRIO card. Hope this makes sense, it has been a long night for me and I may be thinking in circles.