Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sara

Stepper Motors and the FXos

5 posts in this topic

As title & description, I am using an FXos with FXGP/WIN-E software, and I would like it to control a stepper motor. Some of the later FX's have the PLSR funtion where you can choose your number of pulses, choose the top frequency, and choose the acceleration time. This gives you exactly the number of pulses you want, ramped up to the frequency you want, then sloped back down again. The FXos only has PLSY - you can choose your pulse tally, and the speed, but you get no ramping. Has (or can) anyone come up with any good ideas to ramp up & down the pulses? I'll need to know exactly how many pulses I use in total, or my stepper will over- or under-shoot. There are more limiting factors though I can ony have one instance of PLSY in my ladder, it can only have one output (Y000), and I can't seem to reset the aux coil which latches ON when the instruction has finished. Anyone?

I was using stepper only once on FX and it was FX1S which had PLSR instruction. I also used PLSY and PLSV instructions for jogging etc. If you send me personal message with your email address I'll send you the file. You can always connect your high speed output to the high speed input so your PLC would still count the pulses. But if you ask me, forget the open loop control and install something that would tell you real position (encoder, analog sensor, anything...).

My problem now is finding when the first ramp ends in order to reset it for the trailing ramp - the completion flag M8029 should be useful however it is used as a flag by PLSY too - bummer!

I've sent you the file so check it out. It's a small but well documented program. It shows how to use completion flag as well.