Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nbn2015

Getting OPC server error while downloading control strategy on GE workbench 8.4.0

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am not able to download control strategy on DesignerSim. It throws error - " Could not initialize comm to DesignerSim. Err = OPC Server Disconnected". Initially I was able to download strategy on DesignerSim. However, I started observing this error after I installed Wonderware software on the same system. So my system has GE WorkBench 8.4.0 and Wonderware 2014 installed on it. As per GE user guide, GE workbench is compatible with wonderware software. So, I am not sure what's going wrong with the set up which I have. I also tried to install these software on other system, and observed same issue. Does anyone know what could be potential reason for this error ? and How can I resolve it ? Thanks in advance.

I have no real knowledge of this but as a guess WW overwrote a windows or driver '.dll' with an incompatable one for Cimplicity. Edited by RussB

Is "GE Workbench" the same thing as Cimplicity Workbench? I don't recognize the name "DesignerSim". But I haven't been doing much work with Cimplicity lately so it could be something I've never had the occasion to use.