Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PendantAutomation

3000A Molded Case Circuit Breaker

5 posts in this topic

Hi we're custom building a large MCC that has a 3000A bus. So far ABB, T8 is the only Molded Case Circuit Breaker that I can find that goes to 3000A. Does anyone have another mfg. in mind? Would need to be capable of having a flex shaft handle as well.

Schneider have them. Not sure about the shaft handle though - ruudy big MCCB for that - you would need muscles on your muscles to operate it! Typically they have a big handle. Edited by BobB

That is a pretty big breaker to throw on and off. I am not an EE but you may want look into something like this. http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/ww/en/4200-power-circuit-breakers-switches/4220-high-current-air-circuit-breakers/1007-masterpact-nw/ This breaker uses a chassis that your distribution line and load buss connects to. Then the breaker can be racked in or out. This is convenient for servicing the breaker or when working on or doing cleaning / maintenance on your buss you can rack the breaker out and be assured that all poles are disconnected and will stay that way. Also this breaker has a spring that can be wound up either manually with the handle on the side of the breaker or electrically by using an optional small motor. Once the spring is wound then you just push the button on the front of the breaker and BAM is snaps closed. You can also use remote open / close pushbuttons on the front of you distribution panel so you dont have to open the cabinet to operate the breaker. BCS Edited by Bering C Sparky

Well you can tell I dont pay for this stuff. Just looked at the price difference, and while I like and we use the breakers I listed above they are a whole lot more money that using something like this. http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/US/en/50300-circuit-breakers/50330-molded-case-circuit-breakers/1855-powerpact-r-frame-molded-case-circuit-breakers/ I think the largest molded case breaker we use is 600 amp, after that we go to the MasterPact rackable breakers I show above Good Luck with you project. BCS

Yes, there is a huge difference in price. I think that is probably the issue.