Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr.SamC

Getting PLC5 files into PC5 format to convert Logix 5000

7 posts in this topic

Hello! New to the OLD PLC 5’s. I have a new project to migrate a PLC5 to a new Compact Logix System. The Project folder has about 20 file, in what I call an open format. ie, 1975.247, 1975.ARD , 1975_BAK000.RSP.... It's my understanding that I need the files in a PC5 format to use the PLC5/SCL to Logix Translation Tool to convert over to RSLogix 5000. I prefer to rewrite the project but I really need a way to open the project or get a hard copy. At this time I do not have access the old PLC 5 software so I’m unable to open the project. Does anyone have an idea or solution?

Just install RSLogix 5. You'll have a 7 day grace period, and from there you can convert it to PC5 format. That's the best solution. The conversions don't always go flawlessly either, so it would be good to be able to open the PLC 5 project anyways.

Yes Thanks! Great suggestion. Do you have a good link that I can Download RSLogix 5 from? Edited by Mr.SamC

Actually no. I only know how to download it with a serial number. Contact your local Rockwell distributor and they will get you a trial version no problem.

Ok! Yes I see that we are on the same page. I will get with my local Rockwell distributor frist thing in the morning, Thank you for your help.

if that idea doesn't work, you can put ALL of your files into a zipped folder and post it here (as an attachment) ... usually someone will come by and convert the files for you - and print the program to a PDF too ... note: many forum members will not click on cloud or dropbucket type links ... the best route is to post the zipped folder as an attachment right here in this thread ...