Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oren_yul

Export GX Works (FX2n-48mr) to CodeSys

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a program for FX2N-48mr written in GX Works (gxw). I'd like to convert the software to CodeSys. If possible, can anyone send me the best procedure for it? Thanks. Oren

Why would you want to do this??

I need the program to be on CodeSys as I want to analyse the code using Itris-automation PLC DOCGEN.

Most PLCs do not support conversion of their programs from one programming software to another. Mitsubishi has no integration with Codesys. You should document the program in GX Works instead of trying to use an incompatible third party.

This is not news to me. I know that I can use the original SW for documentation. However I'd like to extract the programing to another format. the 3rd party have a very interesting and usable format of documentsation. Is there an XML export?

No XML support. But what is your current language (GW2 structured ladder/simple ladder)? Which kind of language (in CodeSys) are you converting to?

Hi Oren_Yul, Codesys uses the standard IEC 61131-3 programming language. I have no experience converting from one PLC to an other but theoretically if your GX Works file is written in the same IEC code there must be a way to convert this for at least 80%. In basics the POU structure and functionblocks looks the same. I'm curious if someone here has done this before. Best regards, Theo V.

I am no expert in GW, but I think that I use simple ladder. The codesys I want to conver to is the same [Codesys (versions 2.3, 3.1-3.5)] Is there a way/path for the conversion?

I know little of CodeSys, but is it possible to import .csv files? GW2 can export to csv...

Simple ladder is Mitsubishi ladder logic, not IEC variant. Structured ladder is what Mitsubishi calls the IEC version. As I mentioned, converting from one vendor's programming software to another is almost always a manual retyping process.

I use GXworks2, Panasonic FXwin Pro and Codesys and have a number of projects using these which are IEC compliant and I can assure you it is generally not possible to cross use. The closest I ever got was ABB Codesys to Klockner Mueller equivilent, about 60% import.