Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kennadrin

Fa-2j junior / Pf2-clau / Windldr connection

4 posts in this topic

Hello We have recently purchased a machine with an Idec Fa2j plc in it.. It uses a Pf2-clau adapter to connect to our computer using the serial port and com 2, which is running FspScan on it.. While that system works correctly, I am finding it difficult to connect to the Idec using Windldr on my Laptop using same connection.. Would anyone have any idea what is happening? Thanks in Advance Ken

Does your laptop have a real serial port or are you attempting to use a USB to serial adapter? What version of software? What operating system? If you ask a more specific question you may get better answers.

Sorry about that.. I was connecting using a real serial port using WinDlr ver 4.20 .. I ended up being able to upload a copy of the PLC program.. Not being familiar with WinDLR, did not help the situation at all. Thanks for the response Ken

Make sure Windows is talking to your com port and don't use a baud rate faster than 9600, Clip 6 is the simplest program for these units and doesn't need windows.