Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BradDavis

ControlLogix

6 posts in this topic

Can any one help? I am trying to write logic to collect data off a Control Logic controler using V.20.03 Logix5000 software. Attached is a copy of Time and Date logic. I there an easier way? Edited by BradDavis

No attachment showed up. Can you describe in more detail what sort of data collection you're trying to do ?

Yes, what are you trying to do? I do a lot of tracking / data collection on our lines, using a mix of data shifters and triggers in the PLC, VBA on FTView, and a SQL database. If you are posting a 20.03 program, I'm ignoring it. 20.03 is evil incarnate.

whats the problem with 20.03? I haven't installed the newer versions as yet (they sit in their nice and comfy AB folders)

I assume he's being grumpy about the fact that 20.03 is a security release that is incompatible with 20.00 and 20.01, despite the long tradition of minor revisions all being interoperable. A-B stepped on their skirts on that one, but I just don't use it, and have moved on.

Yes, the 20.03 works well by itself. But go on to anything other than it to get them to be interoperable... (I used to stay away from any AB revision that weren't an odd number: IE no version 12, 16, etc) Any changes in the redundancy in Version 24 when it comes out?? Edited by a062549