Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donny

E-1101 and RS422

8 posts in this topic

Is it possible to read/write to external instrument using from E-1101 HMI RS422 port to ext.instrument RS422 port without coding ? I have e -designer and GX Developer V 7.52 s/w. donny

Only if the "ext.instrument" supports a predefined protocol, like Modbus, that is common with the HMI. I.e. if both devices are able to speak the same language and to understand each other.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it supports Modbus protocol and only com.1 (rs422) on hmi is free. I need to display some data on hmi and also write to instrument using hmi.

Then you should use Modicon Modbus Master driver on HMI side.

Hi Inntele, Modicon Modbus Master driver does not allow any Modbus configuration/setup choices but beMBSlave Modbus Slave RTU/TCP does provide modbus setup and the HMI is the slave and external equipment is the master. So am I correct to think that the Modbus Slave RTU/TCP driver allows connection of a HMI to a Modbus Master RTU/TCP equipment ( on HMI side ) as there is no Modicon Modbus Slave Driver on internet download? donny

Donny, 1) The driver is embedded into E-Designer software and is supported with E1101 HMI ... 2) Look this document 3) Look at the title of this topic and then read a first sentence there. 4) Look at this download page

Inntele Thanks for the reply. Studying the contents of it. It is difficult to understand but will have a go and let you know the outcome. donny Edited by donny

Inntele Results at last. Now I can display anything on the HMI from ext.device. Next is to work out how to write to the device from HMI. I've configed. Controller 2 as Modbus master and setup new block to display the chosen parameter and also used the help menu to find the correct format. Many thanks for your valuable help and input. donny