Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL7791

CompactLogix WallClock misreporting

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am experiencing an unusual (and what appears to be an unheard of) behavior in my CompactLogix L18ER controller. I am setting the date/time of the controller from my work station, however when I GSV WallClockTime, it is reporting 4 hours different. I have asked our local resources as well as done some forum and knowledgebase searching without result. Has anyone encountered this before? Attached is a screenshot of the controller time vs. the wall clock time. This isn't mission critical since it can be manually adjusted however I would like to understand what is taking place that would cause this behavior. Thanks!

Since about v16 there has been both a Wall Clock Time and a Local Wall Clock Time attribute that you can access with a GSV. The four hour difference is probably the difference between "Zulu Time" and your local time zone.

Ken's (as usual) probably right on the money. I found exactly the same thing going on after I flashed firmware from v13 to v19, and it took a trip to this forum to work it out :)