Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hboyer90

MicroLogix 1100 internal clock?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, sorry for all of the newbie questions, I had 1-2 years of PLC training at a tech school, and then I got a job where I didn't use my knowledge at all for 2 years, and now my current job is all PLCs, and I have forgotten some of the stuff I learned, but it's coming back to me, so I appreciate all the help with the stupid questions. Anyways, here is my question. I am using a MicroLogix 1100 running RSLogix 500 to collect data on a few of our machines about scrap parts and run time vs down time. I just have some basic inputs hooked up to it. I need to be able to send the data to an integer file at the end of every shift, and then reset the current data (easy enough for me, at a certain time I will use a MOV function to move the info from the timers and counters to integers and then use a RES function to reset everything that I want). Anyways, my question is how to I tap into the free running clock built into the MicroLogix 1100? I see that it is S2:4, but I am confused how to use it or set it. I just set one up on a SLC 5/05 and that was super easy, I just set the time while it was online, and then used 3 different COMPARE functions to tell it when I wanted to move/reset the data (I used S:40, S:41 and S:42). Anyways, I can't seem to figure out how to tap into this clock on the MicroLogix 1100. Can anyone help me with a "dumbed down" step-by-step guide. I just want data sent at 6:30, 14:30 and 22:30 and then data reset 2 seconds after each of those times. Any help is truly and honestly appreciated and very useful. Thank you in advanced. Howard

See attached for info on the "RTC" (real time clock) RTCwords.pdf RTCStatuswords.pdf

Awesome, thank you very much!