Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
python01

Cable ID label printer recommendations

9 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone can recommend cable id printer? I know Brady is the leader in this field and I have used their products in the past but I wonder if anyone has used any other manufacturer they can comment on? I found the K-Sun Green Machine but I am not sure how does it compare to lets say Brady BMP71 and how much more expensive or cheaper their consumables are? Any other products worth mentioning?

We use weidmuller. Not sure how the pricing compares to other products but we will use them just beacuse of the good service we get. Their printer is a big old thing but they are releasing a handheld unit soon. http://www.weidmuller.com/120405/Products/Systemized-marking/Printers/cw_index_v2.aspx

I use the 3M PL200 and have been very happy with it. The printer itself is only around $120 You can get a wide variety of tape and heat shrink labels in different sizes and colors.

I have been using the Pandit LQ8 (?) Does lots of stuff, about $250, and it has a QWERTY keyboard. I, personally, found the Brady stuff to be expensive for the harsh environment it has to live in with me.

I chose the DYMO Rhino 4200. QWERTY keyboard a big plus, Hot Keys for specific label types, Rechargeable Batteries, AC charger and carrying case and costs about $125. Fits just fine in my toolbox. Been using it for over a year and so far has worked flawlessly. If it craps out buying a new one still puts me ahead of the game vs. more expensive units. My 2 cents.

Hi everyone, The DYMO RHINO is indeed a good option for use to label cables. You can choose between labels that you wrap around, or flag around a cable. Or label that are heat-shrink. All labels are water, UV and oil resistant and provide a durable solution. The 3M device that is seen in Bering C Sparkies post is rebranded to Dymo Rhino. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate. Kind regards, ^GB

The Dymo Rhino 5200 (also sold as the 3M PL200) is a nice printer except: 1) the label stock is expensive, about $6/ft for heat shrink 2) the printer wastes a lot of label stock, 3) it is not unusual to get a bad label cartridge right out of the box I have one and I do use it, but there is room for improvement.

I noticed this also when I first started using this printer. So now I get a list of several labels that will be needed and enter them all at one time with 3 spaces between them. Then print out the long run of labels and cut between them with scissors. It is a little more work but saves a ton of money on label stock, and for myself at least I find this method to work rather well and is not terribly awkward. BCS

Yep, you do need to carry scisors it the kit!! When I have a batch of numbers to do at once I usually use the patch panel label setting so I can print a whole string of numbers without all the wasted space between them.