Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parag Gajera

Micrologix 1000 connectivity issue

12 posts in this topic

Hii guys, i have a micrologix 1000 PLC and its programming software-RS LINX and RS LOGIX but i am facing problem, that is i am not able to connect PLC with RS LINX, in RS LINX when ever i clicked on Auto Configuration, not able to connect. i have checked communication cable and their pin out connectivity. but still facing problem. any idea how to reset micrologix 1000 controller.? Parag

Which ML1000 do you have? ( complete catalog number please) What cable(s) are you using? ( USB to serial adapter? not all support autoconfigure) What driver are you using in RSLinx? Do you have the offline program to tell us how the comm port is set up? Edited by Mickey

PLC catalouge No: 1761-L10BWB Cable Handmade : DB-9 to 8 MIni din conector(RS 232) in RS linx i am using DF1-Devices Drive for connectivity. Edited by Parag Gajera

Pinouts 2-->7 3-->4 5-->2 Edited by Parag Gajera

Hi PG, it isn't always as easy as it should be. You have confirmed your cable polarity ( l am going by memory that your pin# are correct, but l have seen bought cables that are incorrect) Next step, are you using a USB to RS232 converter. Some can not do auto config/ some wont talk at all?

l must say after looking at the cable photo again, it looks very professional, way better than my messy attempt's, with no covers. ( did you wire connections from front on or back on, or by terminal# with correct identification as both connection can be confusing as some drawings don't make which view they are showing). You will talk to the PLC when cable/USB convertor/RSLinx config is correct, we have all been there, it's all a learning curve. Regards

hii PLCOVICE61, Thanks for rply, I have same other set of PLC and cbale, and its working properly. but this PLC and doesnot responce when i connect to any other same cables. and one more thing that i have already checked all the details of cable including its connectivity. but still problem is there.

Hi RG, l also have a micro 1000 in my box of bits and l can't talk to it either after trying all possible scenarios. It's still there waiting to go in the rubbish. As far as l am aware there is no reset available for these models ( AB would be able too), just l don't want to throw in the bin. l have tried 485 via a network/DF1 and no luck. Have read default comms and they are supposed to pick up which ever, so mine like yours, is looking f#$ked. Unless one of the PLC.Net gurus watching can give an insight??????. Regards

The later models of MicroLogix got a "default Comms" button for exactly this sort of situation, because it is possible to configure a MicroLogix 1000 so that it runs a protocol like DF1 Half Duplex slave, where it's tricky to connect with a PC. If you have an AC-powered version of the MicroLogix 1000, there is a last-chance way that might clear the memory and reset it to defaults; intentionally short out the DC auxiliary power supply. This is the little "DC Aux" power supply whose terminals are on the opposite side from the AC power terminals. It's only supposed to provide about 250 mA for auxiliary things like the Net-AIC or a few sensors, and if it detects a short circuit it shuts down the power supply and often also clears the controller memory. As for the original question, I have difficulty understanding if he has actually tested these specific cables (and possibly a USB converter) or if he is missing some of the basic elements like the COM port number. The cable he posted a photograph of is not an Allen-Bradley cable, despite being given an Allen-Bradley part number. The real 1761-CBL-PM02 Series B and later cables also include RTS/CTS handshaking lines and a DSR/DTR jumper on the DB9 side, which might be important if the MicroLogix 1000 is configured for hardware handshaking.

Hi Ken Roach, thnx for reply, but i have PLC of 24v DC input power supply and its not have any aux... Now what i have to do?

PG, l think you may be at the throw away position (as AB would term these units), as Ron has said, if the unit was a analogue unit you could try shorting out the 24vdc aux supply for the input side of the PLC ( l had previously tried this with my unit some time ago, then on re-reading Ron's advice tried it again with no luck. Mine shows a constant fault light and wan't communicate. But l still live in hope, so won't throw it in the bin). Just to confirm about your issue, can you talk/program other Micro 1000's (or SLC500) using your cable/USB adapter?