donjoe

CPM2A: connecting to PC running CX-One

9 posts in this topic

Hey, all, I'm new to Omron and am finding conflicting information on forums. I have customers who have a bunch of machines with CPM2A's. The Omron rep has told us that we need to purchase a peripheral port cable in order to go onlline with CX-One, upload/download, etc. However, I've found posts in forums showing a pinout for a cable that connects to the serial port of the CPM2A. And CX-One was able to auto-detect the PLC. Is it possible to detect, monitor, upload/download using the serial port on the CPM2A? Or do I need to buy the $400+ cable from Omron and connect through the peripheral port? Thanks!

The CPM2A can be programmed through either port. So, yes, you can make the cable and save yourself some money.

Nasty hobbittses at Omron... Is this the correct pinout? PLC PC ----------- FG-1 > 1 SD-2 > 2-RD RD-3 > 3-SD RS-4 4-DTR ] [ CS-5 6-DSR SG-9 > 5-SG 7-RS [ 8-CS

Not all CPMx have serial port.

All CPM2As do have serial ports however. Yes, the pinout is correct.

Hi,

i need your help, i using the CPM2A with usb adpater (UC-232A) and the Cx-Programmer do not recognise the connection.  I've tried auto-online and gives connection error.

Sorry, for my English

thank you

Alexandre

Make sure CX Programmer is set to the COM port number assigned to your converter.

Some USB adapters do not work. I use the Omron one and it works with everything.

I've always had good luck with the Omron one, or one from Keyspan (USA-19HS).