Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quasar

Upload From 90-30 without Project

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I need your help. I've been tasked to backup a program from a running PLC 90-30. Is it possible to do so without having the original project? (like you do with Siemens PLC?) We bought the cable IC690ACC901 and want to backup the running program to our PC, in order to have a copy of it, but I couldn't find an option in Profivy Machine Edition to do so. Should I make a new empty project? Thank You for your patience.

Yes make a new Project and verify that the hardware configuration has the correct family of CPU. Then I suggest that you uplad the Hardware configuration first, then the Logic and Referance Values. With this older CPU there will not be any documentation but the logic will be there. Do not be too concerened if Proficy declairs that the logic you just uploaded does not "Equal" what is in the PLC as it will be that way until you "Download" to this CPU with your current version of Proficy ME.
1 person likes this

Many Many Thanks. I managed to succesfully complete the backup. Btw PME (during upload process) only prompted me about different Logic Block Name. Again Thank You !

Hello, can you please tell me the steps to copy a program from the plc, I also have a problem with a plc ge 90-30 pwr321 and the cpu350, it lost the program. I have to copy from another machine and not do nonsense. Thank you !

Here is a copy of what I posted in response to your question on another forum.

Connect to a working PLC and upload the logic and configuration from it. Then connect to the one with no program and download. Be careful you don't mix up the direction of transfer. Proficy considers 'upload' to be a transfer from the PLC to the computer and 'download' to be a transfer from the computer to the PLC.

1 person likes this