Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JRoss

Keyence KV-10T

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody know what programming software and cable I would need for a Keyence KV-10T? Thanks,

There are some programming manuals for it on the Keyence website. Maybe those would tell you what you need??? http://www-search.keyence.com/us/enus/downloadpro/search.x?mode=ma&ie=utf8&f=DO_GROUPID_sm%3Atcm%3a26-2043%09DO_TYPEID_sm%3Atcm%3a26-215868%09DO_SUBTYPEID_sm%3Atcm%3a26-286147%09DO_SALESSERIESID_sm%3AWS_SR46033%09DO_SALESPRODUCTID_sm%3APM_08410T&p=%2fproducts%2fcontrols%2fplc-package%2fkv%2fmodels%2fkv-10t%2findex.jsp

Thanks. I did find those manuals, and they talk about software, but I haven't found anything about the cable yet. Also, I don't know if there is a newer software package available that isn't mentioned in the old manuals.

My guess is the PLC is very old and will require Ladder Builder for KV. This software is very clunky but will get the job done. There is a newer package called KV Studio. It's geared toward the higher end rack systems that are not supported in the USA. It will also work on the small bricks but only newer ones. I'm not sure at what age the cut off is. I remember always having trouble finding the cable pin out. I have a working cable, I'll post back when i get time to take the hood off.

Here is a document I found. I compared it to the cable that I use. Mine does NOT have the jumpers on the PC side. Here is the link. http://www.keyence.com/support/faq/plc/index.jsp

Excellent, thanks so much! I should be able to cobble something together from that.

KV-cable-rs232.pdf Edited by agora