Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrAutomation

Add On Instructions - Parameter Visiblity

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm building an AOI in RSLogix 5000 to connect to a 3D Vision sensor. This sensor has an object called a Region Of Interest (ROI), the value of which I output from my AOI as "MyTag.ROI1", "MyTag.ROI2" and so on, up to as many as 20 ROIs. My question is this: Not every instance of the vision sensor will use all 20 ROIs. I want to be able to select how many MyTag.ROI# outputs are visible per each AOI instance, but it appears I can only toggle the parameter output visibility on a global scale. I don't want each AOI to have 20 outputs visible and hogging space if, for example, only 3 are used. On the other hand, I do want the outputs to be visible on the AOI block, and not hidden. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do it? Thanks

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/521512 The short answer: No. The long answer: No.
1 person likes this

Just curious. Which 3D vision sensor are you using?

It's an IFM O3D200. It's actually a pretty nice little device, and cost effective compared to a Cognex or something like that (I think it's about $2000 CAD). It only has a 64 x 48 resolution, but that's good enough for a lot of applications. http://www.ifm.com/products/ca/ds/O3D200.htm Flash Presentation Edited by MrAutomation

That is pretty slick. I'm used to the SICK 3D vision systems. This uses a different technology and is aimed at different applications. I'll have to keep it in mind. Is it easy to setup and program?

It's got a bit of a strange way of setting up the interface. The ethernet interface was originally designed for ASCII communications, and was revamped to have a CIP Ethernet/IP option in a later firmware version. You definitely have to follow the instructions step by step to get it working, there's no way you could just "figure it out." One it's set up, you get to create a bunch of ROIs in your field of view, and you choose what mode you want to be in (Volume, closest distance, farthest distance, etc...). For each ROI, the value of your chosen mode is sent to the PLC. From there it's all PLC logic. Edited by MrAutomation

Cool, thanks for the info.