Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct8356

How to get screenshots from CXDesigner?

7 posts in this topic

How can I get decent screenshots (as in, just what is shown on the HMI) from CX Designer? I know that I could use just press print screen, and then crop the image, but for a lot of screens, that seems like unnecessary effort. I don't have an actual HMI terminal to hand either, so preferably I would like a way to do it without one. Thanks in advance!

Try File -> Print, select Image file, and on Image file output details tab specify pic preferences. This way you get screens as in development. Sometimes it is not enough (e.g. when writing a user manual for which one need a runtime pics), when you can use a CF memory card, insert into NS, create a button to toggle system bit $SB25 which capture the runtime screen to the CF card. regards
1 person likes this

Ctrl + Alt + Print Scn will capture only the window in focus. This could save you some crop time.

I use a utility program called "Greenshot" that allows me to clip out a section of the screen display and save or print it. You can download it from Sourceforge.net.

Run CX-Designer in test mode, connecting to the PLC (if ethernet), then use the windoze snipping tool.

Snagit rules.... try it and you will never want to go without

PicPick is pretty good too - have been using it lately.