Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theo V

Conversion MAC E1032 to GT2308 HMI panel

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I wonder has anyone of you experience with converting an E1032 from Beijer to a GT2308 panel? I have a lot of these E1032 HMI panels in use and they are end of life in the USA and in Europe Mitsubishi is more into promotion of their own panels GOT1000 and recently the GOT 2000 series. I want to make a trial with a GT2308 panel to see if I can make it look like an E1032 layout. Operators are used to a certain look and to avoid mistakes operating the machines I want to keep this lay-out as far as possible. Ive done this before last summer with a GOT 1455 but I made a complete new program at that time. Is there a way to import the E1032 information like used D-words etc. to a GOT and save a lot of typing? (I do understand that network settings, pictures and buttons need to be made the same way as a new project) I hope someone has some hints Greetings, Theo V.

I have a converter tool for doing that.
1 person likes this

Hi to everyone, I’m new in the forum, I hadn’t write anything yet but this forum has been very useful to me the past time. I have the same problem with Theo V, I want to convert programs written in E-designer ( for E-Series HMI) to GT Designer3 programs so that I can Download them to GOT2000 series. Gambit,(or anyone elese that might know), I would like to know where can I find this converter?

Hi Theodor, Welcome to mr. PLC, My experience so far is that there is a lot of knowledge with the members and (almost) always an answer if you post a Mitsubishi PLC question. Gambit did converted an application for me as a test however the results were very poor. The MAC E1032 is a graphic and text terminal and all graphics are converted but text not. The most applications that we run are text based screens. Text based screens are not automatically converted so I ended with the new application that had all the settings, alarmlist and no screens. If your applications are based on graphic screens it might turn out well. Just give it a try. I'm not sure if the conversion tool is commercial available yet. Gambit had a beta version from his work that was not released at that time. Just sent him a personal message to check. August 25th I wil have a training on GT2308 panel at the distrubutor's office planned so I hope that afer that training there are less secrets in the GOT panels for me. I made a project in a GT1455 and in my opinion E-designer and MAC is easier to use than GT and GT designer 3 but we have to move on in the new technlogy. Best regards, Theo V.
1 person likes this

Thank you Theo V. The information you gave me was very useful.

Hi Theodor, Always welcome to ask more at this forum and hopefully add some answers to questions from other members as wel. Stay tuned and we can learn from each other. Best regards, Theo V.

On 1/13/2015 at 0:08 PM, Gambit said:

I have a converter tool for doing that.

Can you suggest me 

1 person likes this