Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ninjaman

bought a plc off ebay, no password, password "crack" not working

11 posts in this topic

hello I bought a micrologix 1000 off ebay, plugged it in and tried to download a program I made to test the plc. then up popped a window that said proc name SEL_MK5 enter password or master password I tried entering that telephone number or the memclear micrologix thing but that didn't work. when I turn on the plc the run light is on. should this be off? I don't know if im stuck with a duff plc here. I have windows 7 so I don't know if that comlite 32 would work? any help would be great!!! thanks simon Bradley, ONLY ANOTHER 340 OR SO DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! YAY!!!!

I have tried this and nothing. i plug in the plc and the power and run lights are on. should the run light be on? also some of the output lights are on? any help! thanks simon

Yes, this means the controller contains functional program which is running. The password recommendation was from here: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=513374#post513374 Edited by Sergei Troizky

do I have to stop the program from running to download to it? I still cant get the password to work properly? thanks simon

The PLC will be stopped automatically for project download. Unfortunately, no other suggestions for memory clearing password.

we don't discuss "cracks" on these forums - but apparently you haven't googled enough ...

Ron - he wasn't looking for a password 'crack' but for the clear method. He says he has tried the method which AB publishes in its manuals (and which various posters supplied) but he seems to have a non-responsive unit.

don't worry Im sending it back cheers for the help though simon Edited by ninjaman

yes - I know that he was looking to simply CLEAR the unit completely and start over ... the first question is why did the official [ ASIDE - WHY CAN'T I EVEN COPY AND PASTE THE STUPID NUMBER FROM ONE LOCATION IN THIS THREAD TO ANOTHER LOCATION IN THIS THREAD? - I KEEP ASKING MYSELF WHY I EVEN COME HERE ANYMORE - WHY WAS THIS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE FORUM SCREWED UP? - WHY CAN'T IT JUST BE PUT BACK THE WAY IT WAS? ] 65257636 "clear memory" trick work? ... that SHOULD have cleared out the password - and the memory too ... but since that apparently didn't work (for whatever reason) then discovering the password would be the next logical thing to try - even though the only reason to discover the password would be to immediately discard the existing program and start over ... I only used the word "crack" because that's the keyword that's most commonly used in searching for this type of material ... I have completely lost track of how many passwords I've had to remove - with or without maintaining the existing program ... there are quite a few of us that know how to do this - but we just don't discuss it on the forums ...

try this password: 22865625