Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

Sequence program

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm starting a new project that basicaly is big washing mahcine. It has 8 small cabinets similar to washing mahcines to wash parts. The liquids and powders however are mixed in just one cabinet common to the 8 cabinets. My question is: I need to do some kind of state machine, because I just have one mixer, so I have to put mixtures in a queue line. Can anybody give me some tips how can I accomplish this with CX-programmer? Maybe using the SFC language will help. Any help will be apreciated. Regards

I typically write a value to a register for each step in the process and then do compares to it. Or use a counter and increment it each step. Then compare to it to see what step you are on.

Is the queue line always the same sequence or different? If different, I would use indirect addressing. When a machine is calling write it's value indirectly into a sequence. Move all of the words (Shift) when the mix is done. Regards, Garry http://www.accautomation.ca

IMHO, STEP[008] and SNXT[009] still the best OMRON instructions for state logic sequencers.

What PLC model.. SFC wont work with all... you can use any of the above methods mentioned above by Cross or Bits N Bytes and OR simply use KEEP instructions or SET and RSET... If you think you need state logic...have you hand drawn out the state diagram ?\ Have you analysed all the what if scenarios ?

Hello guys, My problem is not the state diagram. I've a sketch on paper. My problem is that I have 8 states diagram that need to run in pararell, and each one use a shared state, where only one can use it, that is why I need to do some queue, if one is using shared state, the others should go to a queue and wait for its turn. I use CJ2 so SFC is possible but I think I will go to the old STEP instruction. I think it will take a while to do the program. Thanks for all replies, Ill give feedback with my updates. Regards