Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigha

Count SM410 pulses

12 posts in this topic

Hello! I need to count the number of pulses SM410. Use instructions Counter_M has no effect. How to count the number of pulses(100 mc)? My soft:GX Works2. My plc is L-series(L02SCPU). In FX series It works well. Edited by Bigha

That should work fine. Is there a reason you chose to use COUNTER_M instead of the IEC instruction CTU?

This should work Unless your scantime is over 100 ms Edited by Gambit

Yes, you are right! SM410 does not pulsate. But where to turn I don't understand. Can there be?

SM410 should always pulsate if the PLC is running. However you are only counting when the counter instruction is processed. If your normal scan is larger than 100mS you should count in aan interrupt program. Don't forget to program en EI instruction in the normal scan program. (EI enable interrupt)

Sorry, I don't quite understand Your sentence. I understand that these settings are there? >>>If your normal scan is larger than 100mS you should count in aan interrupt program.

One last question, are you using in PLC or simulator? Some of the fast clock pulses are not valid in the simulator.

What is your PLC scan time ? Are you running the program as a fixed interval or normal scan? Maybe you can upload your program.

>>>>>>>>>>>>What is your PLC scan time ? Current, max, min -200 ms Initial - 0ms >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Are you running the program as a fixed interval or normal scan? All settings are default, I don't know where to see it. Its a screenshot from the PLC in monitor mode.SM410 work. But the pulses are not counted. Or rather, was registered 1 pulse.How to make these pulses was considered I don't understand. Why in FX it works immediately....

Try the project attached. Now your program runs based on interrupt I28. I didn't test it but I should work. CTU.zip

Thank you! I'll study it! Happy New Year to everyone.

I decided to use the most simple solution, in order not to complicate. This design will work in all programming environments and controllers Mitsubishi, and no puzzling decisions about care at the time of scan, etc.. All just. Use timers.