Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flipd.d.mon

Ladder Logic - 'Simple' Coffee Machine - Optional: Add Milk / Add Sugar

3 posts in this topic

I'm just starting to learn Ladder Logic Programming. I'm using Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000. I've been tasked with developing a 'Simple' Coffee Machine which operates like so: Toggle Push Button to StartDrop Cup (for 10 seconds)Feed Hot Water (for 10 seconds)If required, Add Milk (for 10 seconds)If required, Add Sugar (for 10 seconds)Procedure Complete - Illuminate Complete Light (for 10 seconds)I have implemented everything except the OPTIONAL add Milk & OPTIONAL add Sugar. Options are: To have a Coffee without either Milk or Sugar.Or have a Coffee with Milk and Not Sugar.Or have a Coffee with Sugar & Not Milk.Or have a Coffee with BOTH Sugar & Milk. I'm considering using Toggle Buttons to select / jump to a Subroutine (choosing the required ingredient make-up). But I'm wondering if there is another way to sequentially go through the procedure? Thanks. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26930902/ladder-logic-simple-coffee-machine-optional-add-milk-add-sugar?noredirect=1#comment42839041_26930902 Edited by flipd.d.mon

Just add the Milk and Sugar sections to look just like the Water section with the following changes: Inhibit the output of Milk or Sugar if not selected. Trigger 'Milk Complete' or 'Sugar Complete' if the timer is done OR the item wasn't selected. Is Milk AND Sugar considered acceptable also or is that 'just not done' in your area?

ah - Yes - Milk & Sugar is acceptable. A mistake on my part - I will edit the original post. Thanks for the reply - I'll have a go at implementing this today.