JanHrust

How to setup Mitsubishi L-series PLC communication to Schneider Modicon M580

8 posts in this topic

Hi I have a scenario where I need to setup communication between a Mitsubishi L-series PLC to Schneider Modicon M580. I need to use the onboard ethernet port of the L-series PLC. The protocol I need to use, is Ethernet IP. (socket communication). Can someone please assist?

Ethernet IP. good luck. I think you will avoid a lot of headache if you just put a network converter in between.

Maybe Modbus configuration on the Mitsubishi L-series Ethernet port? According to Mitsubishi documentation, it can support Modbus TCP/IP on the Ethernet port. However, I have MC protocol running on it and normal Ethernet for the programming of the PLC. Now the question will be, is there any documentation on how to do this?

For the mobus you need to use the predefined protocol support function under tools

Okay, so the built-in Ethernet port can handle Modbus also on it. You need the Modbus FB's. In GX Works 2, go to Tool --> Intelligent Function Model Tool --> Serial Communication Module --> Predefined Protocol Support Function. The Predefined Protocol Support Function software will open. Go File --> New. A configuration table will open. You will now need to add a Protocol No. Click on the Add button. You now need to specify the Manufacturer, Model, Protocol Name and Click OK and Save. Another way is to do it through the function blocks. These however, according Mitsubishi, you have to purchase.

No No that's not the way serial communication module is for a LJ71C24 choose the folowing: Tools predefined protocol support function Built in Ethernet The FB's should be free though Edited by Gambit

Did you manage to use predefine protocol? It looks like, to use predefined protocol is harder than to program the protocol. Also there are function blocks for Modbus serial and Modbus TCP in My Mtisubishi website. Also did anyone used Ethernet/IP with Mitsubishi controllers?

use modbus TCP/IP .IT"S avaliable for L series.