Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct8356

Make rung comments automatically linked to name of a variable?

5 posts in this topic

I like to give all rungs a comment, just because it makes navigating them a bit easier. I often refer to variable names in the comment. For example, if I have a variable name "ExtendCylinder1", then I will probably have a rung called "Extend cylinder 1". If I later decide to change all the names of my variables, it would be nice if the comments automatically updated to match this. Is this possible?

Maybe it could help, "Find and replace" (Ctrl+H) work with comment of adresses and comment of rung too.. So you could replace a variable name both places (and everywhere) with 1 operation. Edited by pfort
1 person likes this

Rung comments are linked to a program location not a variable. There is no automatic way to do what you are after. I'm more familiar with Sysmac Studio than CX-Programmer. Can someone else say if it is possible to export all rung comments to a text or CSV file and edit them, then import them back in?

No, I am not aware of a way of exporting to a csv or text file edit the file an import. There is a export comment file - however, it is saved as CMT file and basically gobbleegook.... Pressing the "L" key in CX-Programmer pops up the GO TO Commented Rung Dialog (easy to navigate) while clicking on the "Section/Rung Manager" icon or Menu item Program -> Section/Rung Manager Allows you to move comments and rungs around in the program etc...