udhaya

How to communicate with c28h Programable controller.

11 posts in this topic

Hi friends, I'm using Sysmac c28h programable controller, the problem with the controller is, it's not switching to RUN mode, I think we need to change the parameters in startup settings, due to that improper settings the cpu is not changing to RUN mode, even after rebooting the PLC. But unfortunately I'm not able to communicate with PLC with SYSWIN 3.4 programming software, I'm using proper omron cable and RS-232c to usb converter, same cable and converter if i'm using for cj series or cp series plc's it will work fine, whether it will automatically detect the plc baudrate or we need to set baudrate specifically while communicating with PLC, then what will be the default baud rate. Note:I tried all steps mentioned in this link http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/archive/index.php/t-73417.html Please help me...

C28H was the only Omron PLC that used PIN 7 as signal ground on the male subD connector. Jumper pin7 to pin9 and the software should connect. See diagram below. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=349
1 person likes this

@jay Thanks for the reply... But i don't know how to communicate with this PLC. I'll tell you what are all the hardware and software configuration which i have made... Hardware: C28h Programable controller System cofiguration:I'm using Windows 8.1 in that i installed VM ware10, in VM ware i installed the XP professional sp3 Then i installed the syswin 3.4 software, there is no problem while installing, insatllation completed successfully. I'm using Cable from plc to converter(Rs232c to USB) which you had prefered in prev post. Software: In syswin there is no option for auto online, so i'll create new project with my plc cxxh, then in project communications I'm selecting the Baud rate, type of protocol, i don't know wat is the baud rate of plc, so i'll test the plc with all baud rate and It's showing the error "no response from PLC". What can i do... Thanks in advance.... Edited by udhaya

You also need a 3G2A6-LK201-EV1 communications adapter. It plugs into the front of the C28H and has a 25 pin serial port on the front of it. This was not mentioned, so just in case, make sure that you have the above Host Link adapter.

We have been talking about the built in serial port which does support host link but used pin 7 rather than pin 9 for signal ground. I still doubt that udhaya has constructed the correct cable based on the supplied drawing. I am going to post a simpler schematic for that cable... CxxH Comm Cable.pdf

The other option is to find a C200H-PRO27-E handheld terminal and set the correct DMs by hand.

a hand held programmer would spin out a lot of the current crop of programmers/electricians.. beep beep beep beep beep beep (awesome programming with one of these in an office environment)....
1 person likes this

The original cable was a DB25 but the signals used are all available on the IBM DB9 port. This should be all you need:

Capture.PNG

Edited by photovoltaic

Here is the IBM DB9 Pinout:

Capture2.PNG

See cable pinout attached.

gtsuport

GTC99CC.pdf