ct8356

How to use a timer inside a function block?

5 posts in this topic

I created a timer inside a function block, as you would inside a normal section. (I gave it number 0001 and put a #20 inside). I then created a contact inside the function block, typing in t1 (which usually works in a normal section), however, in the FB it does not recognise it (the contact label remains red). What do I need to do to make it work? I am using the CJ2M controller.

You have to create a timer variable with a name. You have to do this for every memory address inside a function block. Just like you cannot use D0 directly inside a MOV instruction inside a function block (You would have to create a variable name and then use AT functionality to do so). Then use the name for the timer number and the timer contacts, like this:
1 person likes this

Hello @Michael Walsh.. I am trying to put a timer inside function block and I have attached the code with this post. I don't think the program is scanning or going into the FB when I simulate. I tried google to check for the AT functionality that you mentioned, but no luck. Can you pls help?

Regards,

P23

2.JPG

1.JPG

I did this and it worked just fine:

TimerFB1.jpg.f1e7db3e24a2b01a008b3228b96

TimerFB2.jpg.742a0e14dc249eb484f9b7eba46

TimerFB3.jpg.07c6205a2a5a802d12794d665f5

Looking at your code, your coffee_stop bit will only turn off for 1 scan.  It will then immediately turn back on and the timer will start timing again.  The problem is not the timer in side the FB, but the code as written.