Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RobertL

Studio RSLogix5000 V21 vs RSLogix5000

3 posts in this topic

Hi folks, Can someone please tell me the differences between Studio 500 RSLogix500 v21 and RSLogix5000 v20? I'm confused about their application. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Robert.
1 person likes this

First, let's be careful with our number of zeroes. RSLogix 500 is the programming software for SLC-500 and MicroLogix family controllers. RSLogix 5000 is the programming software for ControlLogix-family controllers, including ControlLogix and CompactLogix, as well as the older FlexLogix, DriveLogix, and SoftLogix 5800 controllers. "Studio 5000 Logix Designer" is a new name for RSLogix 5000 version 21 and later. It's just a new name. In general, you need to install the equivalent version of RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000 to work with controllers with that version of firmware. I have versions 20, 19, 18, 17, and 16 all installed on the same PC, so I can work with controllers with firmware versions 20, 19, 18, 17, and 16. Version 21 also made a significant jump in the behind-the-scenes functionality of the way Studio 5000, RSNetworx, and RSLinx work together. If you upgrade one of those three software packages to v21 or higher, you need to upgrade all three. There are some other important details, but those are the basics.

Thanks Ken, I have mistakenly written Studio 500 RSLogix500 V21. This is wthat I thought but I wasn't sure about DriveLogix, FlexiLogix, and SoftLogix 5800 Controllers.