Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Click PLC with Analog and RS-485

8 posts in this topic

Did a project recently with a Click PLC using Analog sensors and RS-485 to communicate with LED signs. Pretty nice value PLC for smaller projects. http://woobox.com/rshjfw/vote/for/5161807 Vote for me if you like my project with the Click PLC. Attached is the PLC source code below. click_plc_sample.zip

What does it do exactly? From what I could tell in the video, it counts cars in and cars out. Cars have to be manually put into their spots. Does it do anything else? Neat project!

It was a model made for a trade show. The company sells LED signs, (I actually wrote AOIs for them as well so you can communicate messages to the signs over EIP for Allen Bradley...way cheaper than an InView). But they are selling signs to parking garages to tell you how many spaces are open on each level. This is a model version.

Interested in the signs and AOIs. They have Ethernet/IP compatible models? Can I have a link? Thanks! Edited by MrAutomation

Here is a sample of one: http://www.electronicdisplays.com/products-detail.asp?productNumber=193&categoryNumber=8 I made Tutorial Videos how the AOIs work for the LED signs.

Good to know. I don't need one today, but I'm sure that I'll find a use for one. Most of the current displays at the facilities I work at are RS485 based (even for relatively new installs). I'll like to look at an Ethernet option. Thanks

I understand what you mean. I like the EIP option as well when I am sending data to signs. RS-485 or RS-232 is cumbersome, but CHEAP...Hence why I picked the CLICK PLC to send data RS-485.