Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GladMech

90-30 LM90 CPU331 Output Disabled in program

5 posts in this topic

I have had a GE 90-30 CPU331 in my house for 17 years with no trouble at all. I have a problem that I have never seen before. I was editing the program using LM90. I don't know what I could have done in the program to disable an output. Just 1. All the rest of the points in that group on that card still work. I swapped cards with no difference. All of the elements of the rung are true (highlighted). The output is not on or highlighted. The nickname over the output has ONE letter highlighted. The bit in the reference is "0" and is highlighted or "grayed out" (the cursor is not on it). I searched for coil conflicts. I am using this output contact lots of places but only one output. The logic is working correctly when I use another output or %M. This is an isolated output which needs to be in this group (moving it would be awkward). What does a "grayed out" reference bit mean? Edited by GladMech

It sounds like the output is overridden. Move the cursor to the coil instruction or any of the contact instructions and press F11 to cancel the override. That's most likely how you got it into the override state in the first place. You inadvertently pressed F11 with the cursor on that address.

Steve: Thank you so very much. LM90 is so old it was designed to use keyboards with only 10 function keys. How would anyone guess that F11 did anything - much less something this consequential?!

ALT-H for the help menu. ALT-K for a list of all shortcut key combinations.

Given its age, isn't it amazing that it still works so well?