Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TFC

AD003 setup

17 posts in this topic

Hi I am trying to Omron for the first time using C200HG and am having probs. I have a 10 slot backplane, Cpu and power supply and a AD003 analogue input card mounted into slot 1. The switch on the AD003 is set to 5, hence I should be using IR 150 onwards. In my program I have a MOV instruction trying to copy the contents of analogue input 1 into DM120. Here is where my problem starts. I cannot read a ma signal in. I am not sure if it is hardware or software I have 24VDC -ve on V1-, V1+ and I1+ are linked. I am them putting the 24VDC +ve through my Fluke 20ma simulator and the other end of my fluke onto I1+. When online I read no value at IR150 in my MOV instruction. Before my MOV instruction I have an always on bit. In the Omron manuals it talks about setting up the analogue card but I dont understand how to do it. If someone can help me set up this first analogue input Im sure I will get it. Thanks

hi if ad003 set 5; -10v;+10>>> -V1;+V1 first mov(21) (all input) #0000 DM1500 mov(21) ( -10v;+10) #0000 DM1501 28105 resatart bit !! mov(21) (-V1;+V1) 151 DM120 (you must introduce c200hg (edit I/O table in syswin))

AD003 manual Ok the above link is to the ad003 manual, look on page 35 of 149 of the pdf file (20 page# as omron screwd up all there online manuals ), you will see the dm values that need to be set you need to turn on each input in order for it to work by placing a 1 in each place in the first dm word. ie if you want all the inputs turned on then dm1500 = FF then you will need to set dm1501 to what type of input you are using see manual page 36 of 149 (21) dm1501 = FFFF this will turn on all the inputs and set the inputs to 1-5vdc or 4-20ma peace

Please follow Kink's example.

Thanks for the reply guys. Even by setting Kink's lead I was unable to register a change in input value. I have since added a 16PT digital input card and guess what, I cannot get that input to turn on in my program. I am new to Syswin and Omron so Im sure Im doing something real stupid but for the life of me I cannot work it out. Some more direction would be very appreciated

I now have the digital working, didnt have same IO table in Syswin and PLC. Still unable to get my analogue input working though.....

Here is my basic code, attached. I cant get this dang analogue to work. I have all V+I+ input pairs shorted. I have the 24VDC ive on the V1-ve terminal, the 24VDC +ve out of the power supply into the my milli amp simulator and the other lead onto the I+ terminal. I have matching IO tables in PLC and Syswin. I have proper circuit as my ma circuit is made and I can change out between 4-20ma. The manuals are starting to look like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm. TFC RYAN.SWP

Since you set the unit to 5.... Then the analogue values will be coming in on channels 151, 152.....158 respectivvely...... Since you seem to have wired up for 4-20mA then... Program the following.....of couse you could parrellel these up into one rung.... Also FYI 253.15 is First Cycle Bit (only on for first scan of program) 281.05 is Unit 5 Special IO Restart Bit -----[253.15]----[MOV #00FF DM1500] -----[253.15]----[MOV #AAAA DM1501] -----[253.15]----(281.05) I know the above should work.........

ok there are 4 things you need to do in order. 1. ensure that all the dipswitches on the back are correctly set. page14 of manual 2. ensure that the machine # is not the same as any other special IO unit and create the IO table based on the connected PLC. a. Connect to the PLC put it into program mode. then select project edit IO table. Then hit the Clear button and then the create button. b. upload your program. (you can try move #AAAA or #FFFF to dm1501 should be the same thing) c.turn the PLC back into Monitor mode. 3. ensure that your wiring is correct (can you draw me a pic in paint of how you have it set up) 4. power up your loop, you may want to measure across the I1 and V1- with a volt meter to ensure that your signal is indeed changing. if it still doesnt work then try input 8 as the first one may be damaged somehow.

Hi KinK I work remotely and I have flown back into town so I wont be at my desk at work where I have the Omron setup for this little test I am trying to do until Tuesday. Please find attached a word doc with drawing of my connections. OmronAD003.doc

Sleepy Wombat has got me thinking about my ladder logic. If bit 253.13 is only on for the first cycle, I currently have that bit in front of my MOV statement for moving IR 151 to DM120. Perhaps this is why I dont see a change in value? As posted previously, I wont get a chance to test until Tuesday. TFC

253.13 is the always on bit.

If you can get your hands on another multimeter, check the voltage across V+ and V- and then change the value on the Fluke simulator just to be sure that you are infact getting a signal directly onto the terminals.

Hi all Yes, Im back out the bush and have just had some spare moments to look at this card. Yes KinK, as my mA value changes the voltage level is changing at the terminals. Im getting about 4vDC when I sinking 20mA. I even put a new card and still no chnage in value. What the heck am I doing wrong! All the AD003 dip swtiches are turned off. On the Cpu, The first two dips are off, the next four are all on. I want to get over this but Im stuck and feel really stupid

Posted by Kink in another thread: Ok did you follow the steps I outlined above. The dm1500 settings are really important. I have set up an AD003 as discribed and it works, I have pm'ed you my contact info so if you need help you can try and call. I am normaly in the office 8-5 pacific coast time. Peace

Maybe a stupid question but if you have a ma input you need to tie the voltage+ and current+ inputs together. Have you done this?

ya he did he drew a diagram of the setup ...