Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest stixs

Ge Fanuc Series 90-30

6 posts in this topic

I have inherited a machine with a GE Fanuc 90-30. Is there a trial software for GE Fanuc 90-30. Everything else I work with is Omron CX Programmer so I have no idea about this GE Fanuc PLC. Any help is appreciated. Stixs

Logicmaster, sometime link=>URL http://www.lydffd.com/download/lm9070_cpx.zip Visit URL Is sometime software PLC's is very Hot ."]http://www.chinakong.com/ :burn<!--endemo-->

I do not know of any trial PLC software for the GE Fanuc 90-30. There are some PLC manuafacturers out there who are more interested in selling the hardware and not the software, but I would have to say the GE-9030 falls into the category of software you need to buy. The last version of the Versa-Pro software that I used (V2.00) included a version 9.x of the Logic Master software (the old DOS stuff). The Versa Pro package had to be purchased and registered. The CD that I had allowed you to install the software for a 4 day trial period, before it became inactive. I suppose if you found someone with an actual Versa Pro install CD, you could use it to install Versa Pro for a four day trial. I don't think GE Fanuc would give one away, since the 4 day trial could be installed over and over every time the 4 day trial expired.

Depending on the age of the PLC the firmware may not allow you to use the VersaPro software, which is Windows-based and less than five years old. I think the old LogicMaster LM90 DOS-based software is available for free. You might check with your local GE rep or try GEFanuc.com.

StandardAm is correct. I worked on a project at my last employer, where we had to retrofit two machines with older 90-30 PLCs. The firmware would not support the Versa Pro software. Logic Master had to be used. I think the local GE Fanuc distributor wanted about $100 per PLC to update the firmware in each processor. I cannot recall the versions that are compatible with Versa Pro and which are not. You might want to check this out with GE Fanuc.

Just a clarification on the compatibility of older revision levels of 90-30 firmware with VersaPro files. GE Fanuc lists the revision levels for each CPU model on their website. It is not entirely true that VersaPro files are incompatible with earlier firmware levels. The real issue is that there are some known problems with running VP programs on the old firmware. The most serious problem is that if you're monitoring a program with VP and you open up a window to look at the PLC fault tables, sometimes the CPU will stop executing the program. The ramifications of this are obvious. VP software can be set up for one of three choices when you try to download to an early firmware version. 1. Unconditionally prohibit the download. 2. Warn you about the potential conflict. 3. Unconditionally permit the download.