Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
koyeap

Factorytalk View Report issue (PrintDisplay)

6 posts in this topic

Dear Guys, Need help again~~ New to AB software, my client have a HMI server, which is running factorytalk view se and have no client PC. what I want to do is just printing a simple page or text file to printer every 7am. Therefore I created an event to trigger PrintDisplay command every 7am. The event working fine, just that the PrintDisplay command is not allow from server. The error message: "The command 'PrintDisplay' is ignored when issued from the development enviroment or an HMI Server" Any method/idea to overcome this issue? To print out a simple page or even text file automatically in factorytalk view cannot be hard right? many many many thanks in advance

Sad, look like there are no easier way to do reporting in Factorytalk SE. Think I will just ask operator to manually print out report every morning.

Are there literally no clients for this FactoryTalk View SE system ? How do the operators interact with it ? PrintDisplay can't be done on the Server because the Server literally has no Displays. FactoryTalk View SE is very often run in "Station" mode where both the Server and the Client run on the same PC. On such a system you just run the PrintDisplay function on the Client.

Here's a straightforward way to use a Client macro to run a command on the Client that is otherwise triggered by the Event Detector: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22007

Hi Ken Roach, Think this is station mode you mentions. My graphic and server are in same PC. If button with printdisplay command do work. but when I make it to trigger by event, the error message tell me this is a server, therefore I cant do it. The link you gave require login. I do not have the account. can you provide other link? Thank you

Some RA Knowledgebase articles require a TechConnect contract for access, and Forum rules prohibit re-posting of the information contained in them. You can contact your regional Rockwell Automation sales and support office and ask them for help. Since you have a specific request and are apparently a new customer, they should have incentive to assist you.