Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raulvirtudazo

CLX OUT OF MEMORY

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, I need your help badly, I have Controllogix CPU and redundant system, before when i try to edit it is working after 3 months i made more addition logic and this error always appear. OUT OF LOGIC MEMORY IN THE CONTROLLER. I have two attachment photos for your reference. thank you so much........ ERROR.bmp PLC_Error.zip

first of all, the values shown in the Memory feature that you posted don't really mean anything ... you need to click the "Estimate" button to have the software recalculate the current values for you ... that won't "fix" your problem but it might help you to understand what's going on ... next, you can TRY the following idea and MAYBE it will help ... try making your edits OFFLINE (not communicating with the processor) and then download them ... reason: your screen shot shows that you're trying to edit the code while you're ONLINE ... when you do that, the processor has to store TWO copies of any rungs that you're changing ... (1) the NEW (I = Insert) rung ... and (2) the OLD (R = Replace) rung ... sometimes you can get out of an "out of memory" jam by working OFFLINE instead of ONLINE ... you might also TRY this and MAYBE it will help ... go to your various Tag listings and set the display for "Unused" ... see if there are any tags which you don't need and see if Deleting those will help you recover any memory ... here's another straw at which to grasp ... are all of your Subroutine files actually necessary? ... in some programs, extra subroutines are included for options which really aren't installed .. if you can delete any such "spare" subroutines, then you might recover enough memory to get you going again ... suggestion: if you've taken all of the "memory recovery" steps that you can and you're still "close to the limit" then you really need to consider a larger processor ... even if you can pull off a miracle this time you might not be so fortunate the next time you need to add in a new feature ... I hope some of this helps ... good luck with your project ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Dear Ron, Thank you so much... I believe you suggestion it can help a lot of me.. once again thank you so much...I will try this....