Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stevie_Ray

GT Designer Comms problem

4 posts in this topic

I have GT Designer2 installed on a Win XP virtual machine. I have used the USB to serial Comm port to to upload PLC software from a FX3g plc and this works fine. My problem is trying to upload software from a GOT1000 series OIT using the same UBS-serial comm port/cable. I get the folowing error: (see attached capture) What am I doing wrong? The only thing different is that I am running Gx Developer 8.103H in my Win 7 64 bit system and that talks to the PLC fine. I am unable to get GT designer 2 to talk to the GOT1000 in Virtual XP mode. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Hi Stevie_Ray, Check your com port settings in your Windows controlpanel. You will notice that the same Com-ports are different in virtual mode compared to Win7 mode. Just set the commsetting in your program the same as the port says in the Windows controlpanel and it will probably work. One thing i didn't found out yet is the transparentmode of the GOT using a virtual XP-machine but still you can load the files of PLC and GOT seperatley by plugging the cable to one of the devices. Best regards, Theo V.

Hi sir I have a mitsubishi make E1101 HMI. I want to upload program from HMI E1101 thorugh Ethernet cable but pc to hmi not connected where IP address i am put in pc. External memory card in this HMI using. what can i do for upload program from HMI. i think this hmi have a user name and password enable but i don't know what user name or password. thanku Edited by satyam tiwari

Satyam, your post has nothing to do with this topic. Please create your own topics in the future. GOT1000 and E1000 are two completely different platforms.