Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons75

Finding AFI's, etc.

10 posts in this topic

We run Logix 5, 500 and 5000 along with Factory Talk Asset Centre. Is there a way of finding out the number of AFI's and Forces currently in place within each programme we run? I know I can find each AFI manually through the search function, I was hoping there is a reporting method that could compile a list. I've looked through all the menu's and haven't yet come across anything obvious.

There is a setting in Logix5000 that selects whether or not an AFI causes a compile warning. So you could turn that on and run a compile, and at the bottom of your screen you'll get a list and the location of all your AFI's. Does that help with what you're trying to do? You can also turn on warnings for shorted rungs - not sure about forces, although you can use the force menu near your online/offline menu to look at forces Edited by ASForrest

Sorry but I can't find where to set the warnings for AFI's nor the compile feature. The only Force menu I can find is to Enable/Disable them. I feel such a numpty

Tools>Options. On the left hand side click on Ladder Editor, there are a couple of settings at the bottom to do with shorted branch detection and AFI detection :)

RSLogix 5: - Forces: Open your O:0 and I:1 files, then click on the forces button at the bottom, all the forces will be clearly indicated there. - AFI: Just hit ctrl + F and search for AFI. Do a global search and hit Find All RSLogix 5000: - Forces: Open Controller Tags. At the top there is a drop down menu for Show. In that menu, select configure, then choose "Can be Forced" on the drop down menu in the popup. Hit OK. Now you're looking at all forcable tags. In the monitor tab (not the edit tab!), any tags with forces will have their data in red and the force mask will say "Forced". This makes it pretty easy to find forces. - AFI: Just hit ctrl + F and search for AFI. Search in all routines and hit Find All. Ensure that, in the "Find Within" section, the "Instructions" selection is selected under "Ladder Diagrams" Hope this helps! Best of luck.
1 person likes this

AS Forest - unfortunately all I get is 'insert mode', auto verification' and 'enable quick key' as well as the means to format the display, etc. MrAutomation - cheers for the info. Unfortunately I have over 80 PLC's to audit and I was wondering if there is a tool that can generate a report on the number of Forces and AFI's within a programme without the labourious manual method as described above?

Sorry, you'll have to do it manually. It really shouldn't take that long, just a few minutes per PLC. Especially after you've done about a dozen, and you get the routine nailed down.

Odd. Maybe it's dependant on the version. Here's my options window:

ASForest - very odd indeed. Typically we're running around version 15.

Ah, most of what I work on these days is v19 and above. Obviously it's a relatively new feature.