Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Gary Gale

Using data from your plc and showing in excel

8 posts in this topic

Can any one tell me how to conect my slc 505 to my computer and show the data in excel

You need RSLinx on your computer, and the correct cables and other hardware depending on the protocol you are using to communicate between PLC and PC. Set up correct drivers in RSLinx to talk to your PLC, then when you are online to your PLC and it is visible in the RSWho window, select the data word or bit you want then copy and paste a link to this into your excel spreadsheet. You can also 'tweak' the formula in excel to select the whole word, or only a bit in the word.

Thanks Sounds simple but. I have no problem gatting on line. using an RS232 cable and df1 driver. Could you possibly show me an example of how you enter a link in excel Thanks Again Gary

First of all, do you have RS Linx Pro or RS Linx single NODE? RS Linx LITE does not support DDE to Excel. If you have RS Linx Pro or Single node, the EASIEST way to create a quick "HOT LINK" 1. Make sure RS Linux Pro/Single Node is running. 2. Create a Topic in DDE/OPC in RS Linx menus, anything you want to PLC. 3. Open Excel. 4. Open RS Logix. 5. Find the DATA you want to appear in Excel, forexample F8:0. 6. Open F8 file and select word 0. 7. Click on "COPY" or CTRL-C on your keyboard. 8. Switch to Excel 9. Click any cell, click "PASTE" or CTRL-V. Volia! One hotlink DDE topic created from PLC to Excel. When the value in the PLC changes so does the value in Excel.

Thanks Azecraze and Chokerule Unfortunatly ii only have Rs linx lite Do you know where i could down load RS linx Pro or single node Thanks Gary

Nope you won't be able to download it unless you are under support with Rockwell software. Unfortunately you need to purchase it.

Thanks Once more Chakorules Is there any othere way around it I thought there was a program you can use Gary

Have a look at www.kepware.com they do OPC servers that will do what you want, not tried the demo versions recently but they used to run for two hours in demo mode.