Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JUMBOCHRISTY

RSLOGIX 500 Wheel

7 posts in this topic

Can someone please help me with a program I have hit a brick wall. I need to be able to turn a wheel clockwise to make a counter count up and anti-clockwise to make the same counter count down. So basically when input I:1/1 then I:1/2 comes on the counter will count up and when I:1/2 then I:1/1 comes on the same counter will count down and when the reset button (I:1/0) is pressed the counter will reset and the counted number will be displayed on a seven segment display. Any help would be much appreciated.

What PLC are you using? Part number?

That would be the software you are using. What hardware are you using?

RSlogix 500 is a programming software package that allows use of several different controllers if you are using one of the newer ones such as a micrologix 1100 there is a built in high speed counter that used with a simplified encoder wheel can do what you want although you will need to use the inputs in a different order I0:/0 = input A I0:0/1 = input B reset if I remember right is on I0:0/2 using the built in quad encoder counter. if you have to build your own encoder in software for an older style SLC look into masking a word to control your counter direction.

Can you use a standard 800T Selector switch, instead of a Wheel?

Please post the program you have developed so far. What are your problems?