Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dedshaw1612

Modicon Quantum 534: Is this fault-free logic?

2 posts in this topic

I am using proworx 32 and have a question about searching and pointers. I want to modify some logic because it takes up a lot of network space but i think i have a better and easier approach but unsure if it is allowed or will cause PLC faults. What i want to do is search a block of registers for a value. If it contains that value, i want to block move the pointer value to a table to register instruction's pointer and copy the data at that register. The reason i am concerned is i dont know if modifying a pointer value without the actual incrementing function built into the function block causes faults. I tried the help contents section but it doesn't list exact things that will cause faults in the plc. Thanks in advance

This should work OK. Not sure I'm following the actual reason for doing that, but you can manipulate the pointer either way. Almost nothing that you can program in a Modicon Quantum will cause processor faults..... the logic entered may not function as you intended, but the PLC will continue to run and process the other logic.