Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raybbr

Using GX Works 2

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, Just joined today and was browsing through this forum. Now I need advice/help. I have installed the software to read an FX PLC. It worked okay yesterday. I was going through a program printout that I downloaded and couldn't see where the X inputs were in the program. So, I thought i'd go back in and get the program again. I connect to the FX fine. It passes the test and then I connect. The screen comes up entitled "Online Data Operation". I select "All" and hit the execute button. Wait about five seconds and then I get an error: "The Device Data Name is Empty". Okay. I go to put a name on the "Title" box and it WILL NOT TAKE KEYSTROKES. Gaack! :helpme: I have restarted the program and laptop several times. No matter what i do it will take keystrokes in the "Title" bar. I cannot get the program. Any thought? The only thing I can think of is to reload the program but that takes quite a while. Old stuff is fun to work on.

I've got no idea what you are talking about. Which model FX PLCs? What exactly are you trying to do when you get that error? And what is the text of the error message?

I posted the texts of the errors. The Model is :FX 16MT. It's old. I am trying to read the PLC data using GX Works2. The connection screen comes up and when I try to "read" the PLC is when I get the errors: error: "The Device Data Name is Empty" It acts as if I have to input a name for the data but I can't input anything into the line where the cursor is. I'll try to get a screen shot and show. Right now I'm trying to familiarize myself with the Mitsubishi nomenclature as I'm used to TI and AB. I was able to read the PLC the day before so I have a copy of the program I just wanted to compare.

Those PLCs do not have any form of name, so I have no idea where that error is coming from.

Hi Raybbr, Did you also tried to connect trough the GX-developer that is build-in the GX-Works2 software as an alternative? you made a succesfull connection to the PLC, if you are making an upload just not mark all the checkboxes in the left hand table. Only programm and parameter should be ennough. Other functions are not available in this FX and causes error message while you start to tranfer data between the PC and PLC. Best regards, Theo V.