Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phuz

Extracting application from Panelview 1200 (2711-KC1)

9 posts in this topic

I'm having some issues communicating with this PV 1200. I have my regular PV cable and a 25/9 pin adapter as well as two other serial cables with 25 pin serial / 9 pin serial connections. I've tried all three with and without my null modem adapter and cannot get any communication in RSLinx DF1 nor the PV1400 transfer utility, which is supposed to work for the 1200. Serial port settings match the config in the PV. I am on the assumption that the serial port on the PV actually works, but it may not. PV in config mode / download-upload screen.

Not sure but if you are talking about a 2711-K14C1 it has one Remote I/O port, one Ethernet port and one Printer RS232 port and as far as I know you cannot use the printer port to extract the program. I didn´t know the PV1200 existed

I believe the unit you are refering to has a key in the back.....if so you need to turn the key to place the unit into config mode. You will then need to place the unit into DOWNLOAD mode. After that the transfer utility should work.

missed that fact that you already placed the unit into download mode....have you set the communications up properly? What is the main communication port? If its DH+ you need to download/upload using that. I believe the serial port is for a printer only.

Try using the RIO pass-through mode. You don't even need to put it into download mode for that to work. If you've never used RIO pass-through mode, it uses the PLC5 to communicate with the Panelview, through the RIO port on the PLC. It's in the documentation if you need extra info. Edited by MrAutomation

I'm not sure the PV1400 software will work. I just backed up a PV1200 a couple of years ago and I remember downloading PV1200 software (DOS) from Rockwell's website. I'll post the link if I run across it.

Here is the link for the software user manual: PanelBuilder 1200 Transfer Utility. Here is the link for the PV1200: PanelView 1200 Operator Terminals. If you have Tech Connect, you can log on and download the transfer utility software. The software does not require an activation but I'm not sure where else you would download it from. The RS232 port can be used for Upload/Download of application files. Correction... the software I used was Windows based. "PanelBuilder 1200 Version 5.01". It ran fine on Windows XP SP3.

On 2/9/2014 at 4:07 PM, IO_Rack said:

Here is the link for the software user manual: PanelBuilder 1200 Transfer Utility. Here is the link for the PV1200: PanelView 1200 Operator Terminals. If you have Tech Connect, you can log on and download the transfer utility software. The software does not require an activation but I'm not sure where else you would download it from. The RS232 port can be used for Upload/Download of application files. Correction... the software I used was Windows based. "PanelBuilder 1200 Version 5.01". It ran fine on Windows XP SP3.

Hello, I'm having the same problem to do a backup of the aplicattion file. Have you the software for windows? Because i only have the DOS version and i'm trying to run MS-DOS 6.22 in a virtual machine but i can't stablish the connection with the PV1200.

Thanks!

The software is the property of AB Rockwell please contact your distributor or thru tech connect download it.