Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_SKR

Micro 810 application.

9 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm quiet new to control and logic systems, I'm still learning. I have to develop a circuit/logic for an application. I was wondering if Micro 810 can be used for this & the objectives of the application are: 1. whenever Signal A(0-24V) is high for the first time in the cycle and Signal B(0-24V) goes high then the solenoid X(24V) should be ON. 2.when signal B is low then the solenoid X should be OFF. 3. If in an instance signals A and B are opposite to each other for more than 2 seconds then a signal should be sent to E-stop. If not Micro 810, what are the other products that are suitable for such application? I know this can be done by normal relay board and some timers; I want to use a controller for this if its cheaper in price. Regards, _SKR

Just about any PLC will be able to do what you want, a Micro 810 would be fine. Just one thing that raised a flag for me - you mention sending a signal to "E-Stop" from the PLC. As a general rule, you CANNOT have a PLC as part of an e/stop circuit, the e/stop must always be hardwired. You can get feedback from your e/stop circuit to your PLC, but as far as your e/stop safety circuit goes, that has to be a fully self contained, hardwired affair.
1 person likes this

May be I should use an Alarm/light instead of e-stop. Thanks for the reply. I'll update a ladder logic here soon. Thanks, _SKR.

Yes, it's important to keep them separate. I mean if it's a really critical fault you can still use it to drop out all your control power, or whatever you want - just as long as you e/stop is completely separate and independent of all that, and will function regardless of what happens in your PLC

How different is Ladder programming for 810 controller when compared to RSlogix 500?

I haven't used the micro software myself, but my local Rockwell guys demonstrated it for me. It does appear to be fairly different (tbh it looks like someone from Siemens has snuck in and decided to try and make AB more like Siemens). But from initial impressions, if you have a reasonable understanding of ladder code in general it won't present you with too much trouble. Maybe someone else on here has used them a bit more and can give you some more specific advice :)

I'll talk to my distributor, right now I'm looking into some you-tube videos. Its always self learning when it comes to PLC's :)

Unless you use a GuardLogix PLC. But I think that's overkill in this circumstance.

Well, yes. You could go with a GuardLogix. For some reason GuardLogix wasn't at the front of my mind when discussing Micro's