Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zapotek

Schneider HMIGTO5310 problem

10 posts in this topic

Hi; I have a Schneider HMIGTO5310 touch panel. I am trying to communicate it our Foxboro DCS I/A series V8.8. on MODBUS rtu. DCS is always master. I want to configure touch panel as slave but i can't manage it. Is this touch panel always master? We communicate this panel (master) with Schneider PM710 egergy analyzer (slave). But we couldnt manage to communicate this panel with DCS on Modbus RTU? Do you have any comment about this problem. Thanks...

Have you tried the modbus(Slave) RTU driver?

Yes Chud; I tried but didnt work. I will send the screenshots of my configuration. thanks...

Also what pins are you using on the rj45 plug? Or are you using the db9 serial port?

Hi cHUD; touch panel and dcs is communicating now... i dont know how it is done; configuration was same. But now we send bits from DCS to panel but we cant see the changes. DCS has a 32 bit PAKOUT block. I made 15 bool variables at touch panel. Their device address is 30001+00; 30001+01;..........300001+15. I put lamp symbols to the main panel; and connected these bool addresses to this symbols. But their color does not change even i change the bits those are sent from the dcs. What is the problem now? i will send the pictures... thanks

hi; i want to attach the pictures of touch screen but i couldnt fibd the attach icon above:DDD cah you help me...

Next to the post button there is More reply options. In there you can attach files

hi; i have attached the screenshots of the panels configuration. DCS sends 32 bits; but we can't read then on the touch panel.

I havent done comms to any DCS before. If you have one register in the DCS are you sure its in the 30000 range and not in the 40000 range? Also if you take all the bits in the register and monitor the whole word do you see any value changes as there might be word order differences which you adjust in the last photo you sent.(That is if you use a double of real value and not a normal 16-bit integer). Also monitor 2 register next to each other as their might be a 1 register offset which happens alot. Otherwise you are going to have to contact Schneider themselves to find out if they have a driver for your plc

hi; i solve the problem. there ara transactions on the dcs. for example to write data to the slave function code is 16. Start address must be 40. (it was 30001 or 400001) and there are blocks for write and read data at the dcs. i change the related things in these blocks... the panel i set device addresses to 40040,00 ; 40040,01 ; 40040,02 etc... for reading data from panel; i set the addresses as 40020,00 ; 40020,01 etc... It worked... thanks for your helps cHUD.