Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShararehMirbagheri

How to do the I/O Mapping correctly ?

7 posts in this topic

I have 3 racks . 15 Digital input. Please see the attachment and let me know Do you think this is the good idea to do them for All the Inputs and outputs.? what are the limitation regarding %MW? Please excuse my English. Thanks.

Wow! A lot of work.... It's been a while since I messed with any large amounts of DIO on Schneider, but from memory you might want to look up the %IW0.m syntax, where m is module - one move instructions from this input word to the %MW word might handle up to sixteen bits at a time. It could save some time for you if it works. It built for me, but I don't have digital IO hardware to test, only an Ethernet module and an M340 CPU. Someone more familiar might be able to validate this approach since I cannot test. There is plenty of %MW memory - it's CPU specific, but mine will do 32K words. You will have plenty for your IO. I almost always copy my IO, as you suggest, prior to using. This way, external devices do not address the IO directly, but the copy, and this allows some flexibility: you can disconnect the actual IO from the tags used in the logic for testing. My only issue is the repetitive nature of what is shown. If I can, I use arrays and loops in ST to manage groups of things. The fewer instructions I write, the less chance I have of screwing it up, and it makes maintenance easier (for me - many here will tell, and there is some truth to this - that maintenance guys like ladder so using other languages is less convenient for them).

What I received. Warning: %MW10.1 Statement is in Memory Overlapping due to mapping on Variable(s) or due to equivalent '%MW10 address(es) or extracted bit(s) writing. Please advise .

I would want to see a screenshot of your code. It might be a project setting - bit I'm not certain - Tools -> Project Settings -> General -> Management of build messages -> Overlapping addresses generate... error? warning?

Read up on using IODDT's and or DDT's. You can create tags for IO automatically with health and status values in the ioddt for any type of card Edited by cHud

Ok I found a nice tool created but schneider us. Heres a link to a youtube video. In the comments is a link to download the tool. This will save you alot of time assigning IO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUdSHJ4rPbE&list=PLH6rnrRB9Tsvku2Kl3iNfI81rzQcKS6Vc