Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pelly09

PanelView Plus 1250 and CLGX comms

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm pretty sure I need some help and direction here. In a nutshell I am currently attempting to swap an old RAC6182 for a PV+1250 as we are having issues with the 6182. I have taken the original 6182 project file and converted it to a PV+1250 file using the "import" function in FactoryTalk View Studio ME. I have made a few small modifications to a couple of displays, removing redundant push buttons, adding a log-in and shutdown feature, nothing too drastic. One thing that i noticed was that the shortcut for the comms to the PLC was missing, so I created a new shortcut of the same name, according to the tag database. This shortcut was copied to runtime tab after testing. Whilst testing on my laptop everything seemed to work ok with value displays and indicators showing what i would have expected and this was confirmed when going online to the PLC. My problem comes when i create a runtime file and download it to the terminal and run it. I don't appear to have any communications with the PLC at all. Value displays show ??????? and no indicators change state at all, they all show off. Can anyone enlighten me as to what may be my problem. The fact that the application appears to work when testing but not on the terminal would suggest to me that i have an issue with the setup of the panelview. For information the original terminal was an RAC6182 (6182-CIBZZC), The PV+1250 (2711P-B12C4D8). The PanelView+1250 is not brand new, it has been taken from a redundant piece of equipment where it was working perfectly. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, if any more information is required please don't hesitate to ask. Steve

Hi Steve, I don't have any experience with the RAC's, but from what you've described I wouldn't expect it to be relevant to your problem here. The issue is likely in the comms setup of your PVP. My first move would be to check the configured drivers/shortcuts in the PVP at runtime (go to config screen, go to Network or Communication settings or something - sorry, speaking from memory) and poke around in there. If everything is correct you should be able to find the path to your PLC mapped out. I suspect you won't find it though. Try re-loading the application - and make sure to say "yes" when it asks you to replace the "something something runtime configuration" (again, speaking from memory here). If that works, then that was your problem - the PVP was maintaining it's old comms configuration and not getting the new one from the .mer file. Just make sure then that you go back to the configuration screen, go to startup options, and make sure that the option is checked to replace the "something something runtime configuration". Hopefully my vagueness is of some help ;)

You need to check how your tags is being done, panelview Plus have 2 approach, first you can do a Direct tag addressing, second you can do the Rsview style whereby you create a local tag naming then path to your target PLC. step 1: in your Rslinx Enterprise add a Device Shortcut , if youre online to your PLC you should be able to see your Target CPU. if Indeed, Highlight your Shortcut name and then click your target PLC then Save. example your shortcut name is "Ganie" For Direct Tag addressing, The addressing Format should look like this: {::[Ganie]Plcaddress} If you used the conventional way the addressing should be like this: [Ganie]Plcaddress Check your project, but I believed if you to convertion by default it will be the 2nd option .. "Local tag" cheers, Edited by Gnex