Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnex

GuardLogix Standard to Safety Tags

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been doing project using Guardlogix 1756-L72 With L7SP, With safety input and Output. just ask somebody if there is anyway that a STANDARD tags write to a SAFETY tags. Example: - a safety relief valve which wired from 1734-OB8S trigger if the pressure limit go beyond the maximum level. - The Pressure transmitter is a standard tags from a normal analog Module.. if you have idea please give me a hint. Also my PanelView Plus cannot write/Read direct from a safety Tags. Cheers, Gnex

Go to page 47 of the GuardLogix Reference Manual. There it states using the Safety Tag Maping will allow you to map a Standard tag to a Safety tag. From the toolbar in RSLogx 5000 select Logic then Map Safety tags. I'm not sure how to make them available to your PanelView directly. You could create a Standard tag that is just a OTE to a Safety tag. Good luck
1 person likes this

Thanks DC.. I found it and should be pretty simple..Under Logic - Map safety Tags.. thats it.. Standard Tag Name Safety Tag Name: NotSafetyArray SafetyArray Just sharing.. Cheers, Ganie