Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack1

Trouble with Citect and Modbus over TCP/IP

3 posts in this topic

Hi, The set up is quite simple, we have a computer with citect connected to a device (Elpro 915U I/O radio) via an ethernet cable (straight through). Citect is running from within a virtual machine and I also have ModMaster test software installed. The problem is that the ModMaster software has no trouble in connecting to the device and reading and writing values to addresses, however citect will just not connect. Citect gives a channel offline error (Generic Error 000021) Driver Error 0x000014. Pinging the device works fine too. I am using Citect 7.30 with the following settings: Board: Board Type = TCPIP Address = 0 Port: Port Number = 1 Special Opt = -I192.168.10.1 -P502 -T (which is the ip address and port of the device) Network Address: Address = 192.168.0.89 (which is the ip address of the pc - also tried without using this setting) IO Device: Protocol = MODNET Startup Mode = Primary Memory = FALSE Basically, I'm just wondering if someone has had a similar problem, where there was something little that needed to be changed to resolve the problem, because I am stumped. Thanks :) Jack

Hi Jack

Did you ever get this issue resolved. I have the same problem