Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LURBY

Kinetix 300 Motionview connection trouble

3 posts in this topic

Hi folks I am trying a Kinetix 300 drive for the first time. I plan on driving it and a PF525 using a ML1100 all over Ethernet through a hub. I am a newbie to Ethernet stuff. Two minutes out of the box and I am already flustered. I have powered up the drive and connected an Ethernet cable to it and my laptop. According to the sketchy literature I should be able to find the software onboard the drive. I am sure that it is there but I can't find it!! I have tried the following: - I loaded Java because it said it wanted that - I turned off my wireless internet connection - I tried to access the drive on Mozilla and Internet Explorer The drive IP is 192.168.124.200 The literature says that I might need to reconfigure my laptops IP so that it can talk to the drive. How do I do that? And do I need to? Has anyone out there done this before? What am I missing? It can't be this difficult can it?

Did you change your Laptop's IP address ?? It should match 192.168.124.XXX (XXX-- can be any number except 200) Are you using good Ethernet cable? On Kinetix 300 You should be able to see communication activity light ON.

Thank you. I was able to connect after I changed the IP address. Took me forever to figure out how to do that. Now I know. Thanks for your help.